Unexpected Journey

So this new year has been an absolutely crazy nonstop journey, and I am absolutely loving it. I have been working crazy hours in an attempt to be a small part of something so much bigger than myself.

One of the most encouraging and unexpected adventures I've had so far this year is deciding alongside some of my friends to cut out all processed sugar from my diet. Had I known the changes it was going to bring about I would have made this choice a long time ago.

I had no idea how much sugar is in everything. Americans love their sugar I suppose. Slowly but surely I have learned and am learning ways to eat more natural foods. When I can, I eat all natural, though in America this is not always possible.

One of my biggest pet peeves through this entire ordeal is how the more natural you eat the more expensive it becomes. How is it that when less work is put into getting the food from its source to your kitchen it costs us more out of pocket? It is cheaper to get processed "fake" food rather than real wholesome healthy REAL food. It makes me wonder if they really are concerned with American health, or if it's rather the health of the American upper class.

Anyway, this journey has had many welcomed amazing outcomes! I am nearing the end of month one, amd I have lost nearly 15 pounds as well as dropped a pant size. IN ONE MONTH! It makes me wonder what is kn all the processed food I was eating. Hmm...

I have had people coming up and asking me what I'm doing to lose the weight.  I never dreamed that would ever happen to me! Having random people (friends and strangers alike) telling me how great I look. I have not felt this good about myself in a very long time.

So all that to say, what started as a month long sugar fast is turning into some major life changes. I am going to continue cutting processed sugars and foods out of my diet and also start juicing!

Now juicing is something I am brand new to. Any juicers out there with tips, recipes, and what type of juicer I should buy? I'm definitely stepping out of my box here. Ha ha!

I will try to update you on my progress through this unexpected journey. I am so thrilled already and I cannot wait to see what else lies in wait further down this path to a healthier me.

Until next time,  friends...Dream Big and Live BIGGER!

MelLew

Comments

  1. Awesome post, Mel! So happy to hear about your journey! As for juicing... my family has the "Nutribullet" and absolutely LOVE it! It comes with a recipe book for awesome juice/veggie drinks and it is amazing how it liquefies everything and incorporates everything into the drink (instead of pulp full of healthy stuff in it to toss away).
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! I keep thinking about eating more natural foods, but never follow through, maybe you could give me some pointers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World