A Gettysburg Adventure

Hello all! I am back! Did you miss me? Of course you did ;-)

A couple weeks ago some friends of mine and I decided we needed to go on an adventure. So we took our day off, piled into the car, and headed off to Gettysburg.

When we arrived we stopped at the National Cemetery first. I have been to Gettysburg before, but I had never stopped here. It was an amazing sight to see so many of those who have died for our country. So many sacrificed all they had so that we would have a safe place to live and enjoy.







We also go to see the grave site of Jennie Wade (the only civilian casualty of the battle).


Afterwards, we headed to the visitor's center and museum. Here we got to see many artifacts from the battle and see the cyclorama painting (pics below)











We left the Visitor's Center and headed to the battlefield. We spent a lot of time at Devil's Den and the Pennsylvania Monument. It was such a perfect day weather wise to be outdoors.













We drove around for awhile until we decided it was time for supper. We went to a place recommended by another friend of ours called Dobbin House Tavern. What a great choice! The prices were a bit steep, but the food was out of this world. I think it's good to put a little extra into a meal sometimes just because (Especially when it is GREAT food). I ended up with the steak, and I am not ashamed to admit I ate the ENTIRE thing. It was one of the best steaks (if not the best) I've had. The bread they made fresh. It was brought out in a tied cloth, and when we untied it the steam just rose off the fresh slices of bread. (My mouth is watering as I write this...I could eat like this every day)  The decor of the restaurant was all colonial. So the serving and hosting staff were all dressed in full colonial garb and you ate by candlelight (or sunlight thankfully our table was beside a window) I would highly recommend this restaurant if you have the extra cash to fork out. (Meals were approx $30-$50 per person)









 What an amazing adventure the day turned out to be. We are hoping to do more adventures throughout the summer. So I will keep you all posted. If you like hearing about different places I travel to or if you have ideas of places I could visit let me hear from you! Until next time my fellow adventurers...Dream Big and LIVE BIGGER!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World