Sunshine

I close my eyes and let the warm sunlight hit my eyelids. The warm red I see glowing through my eyelids is a familiar one.

I feel the warmth from my coffee mug in my hands, and smell the comforting aroma of my favorite coffee drifting up to my nose. 

I hear the wind as it gently rustles the trees around me. It seems that they can sense the call to stillness as strongly as I do. 

As a cloud passes across the sun, the warmth fades for the moment, and I open my eyes. 

There are flowers surrounding me. They open their petals as if trying to reach up to embrace the sky itself. Each individual flower bursts in an array of colors and patterns unique to each tiny petal. They seem to know where their life comes from, and they simply take root and do what they were created to do. 

The light around me builds once more. The sunlight returns pulling my attention upward. I sit in silence watching the cloud that had blocked the sun pass on to destinations unknown.

Yet... Here I remain... 

Still, silent, warm, and surrounded by reminders of life both big and small. 

The world around us still turns. 

Life still moves forward. 

Seasons change. 

When you find yourself afraid because the clouds have hidden the sun from you and taken your warmth, close your eyes, and, like the flowers, turn towards your source of life. Let that life fill you and overflow from you. Be at peace. God's got this. Even when you can't see the Son, it is still there giving Light to the world.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World