Dances With Echoes and Inspirations From Sunsets

A dance with echoes. Echoes of memories past dance through my mind as I sat this evening surrounded by nature watching the sun sink below the horizon. Echoes of laughter and adventures, heartache and tears, lessons learned and victories celebrated. Each swirling around the other in an endless dance. I feel it a little more tonight than most - that all too familiar pang of emptiness when it hits you all at once that some of those you held closest are no longer here. The void that is left by each one of them that nothing on this earth can fill again. The ache of wanting to hear their voices one last time squeezes my insides sometimes to the point it hurts to even breathe. To be able to pick up the phone and call them just one more time, or to go back to that last time I saw them just so I could hug them each a little tighter and a little longer before that moment slips forever from my grasp and becomes forever lost to my fragile memory. The strength and truths they instilled in me have become such an intricate part of who I am. I know they were placed in my story, and I in theirs, for reasons that I may never discover on this side of eternity. I know I will see them all again one day, and some days I long for that day more than others, but I know I still have work to do here. They have finished their races and now I must do them proud and finish my own as strong as I possibly can. I know they are out there on the sidelines still cheering me on and loving me. So, until I am by their sides again, I will remember, I will value, I will learn, and I will reflect what they have taught me. Take no second for granted. Live. Love. Breathe. Laugh. Cry. Begin. Finish. Absorb. Cherish. Remember. We continue the legacy left before us as we create our own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World