A Rainy Autumn Night


As night falls so does the rain. The brilliant colors of autumn are washed clean by the cold autumn rain, but the bright colors fade into the shadows and the night grows older.

Another day draws to a close, and I find my mind wandering to days long past...the number of sunsets I have watched, the clear nights when stars dappled the sky overhead, the full moons...all of them singing their songs in my mind, and oh, what a beautiful symphony it is.

I lie and listen to the rain falling. It hits the leaves and streets, and I find myself content to just be. The puddles on the ground are much like my mood, reflective...the puddles reflecting the things around it and I of time gone by.

Still the night grows even older, and autumn moves forward. The days grow shorter with each that passes. My friends, don't lose heart for the growing darkness, for dreams await, and what better time for dreaming then after the sun has set and night has taken hold?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World