Passion

What is passion? Passion is defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary as a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something.

What is passion really though? Is it that extra spark in your eyes when they light up as you talk about something you love? Is it that extra push forward to do something that brings you more joy than is possible for you to ever put into words? Simply, it is what makes you feel alive.

I was recently asked by a friend what my passion was, and I am going to be honest here, I had a really hard time thinking of just one thing. I am a very passionate person so trying to narrow it down to one passion that fuels me was not an easy task. I love life. I love singing, reading, writing, theatre, people, and that was just skimming the surface. How could I possibly come up with that core passion that drives me? Well, it took me a couple days of pondering, but I finally came up with my answer...

Stories.

I absolutely love stories. I love theatre, which is bringing a story to life on a stage. I love singing, which is another way to share the emotions of a story or the story itself. I love people, and hearing their unique stories. I love writing, weaving together words and sentences to create a story all of my own. I love words and the power they hold.

So what is my passion? To me it is all the stories that surround us day in and day out. They drive me to create, love, listen, share, cherish, remember, hope, believe... The list could go on.

I urge you to ponder this - What drives you? What makes you believe in magic again? What makes you tick? What urges you forward when everything around you tells you to should give up? What lights up in your eyes at the mere thought of it?

What is passion to you?

When you find that answer hold onto it with all you have, and share that with the world because it is something only YOU can bring to the table. You are needed; you are valued; you are loved; you are precious.

Without you something is missing...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World