National Coffee Day

This morning I awoke to discover (thanks to all the social media outlets) that today is in fact National Coffee Day.  I love coffee! Alas, because of being sick I'm not allowed to have coffee for another week.... D'oh! So make sure all of you drink a cup of coffee for me today!!!

Here is what I want to know.  Who decides on these "national" holidays? Did someone wake up one day and just decide that today was a great day for coffee? Why can't every day be a coffee day? Do we have an actual "national holiday declaring committee"? How does this work? If any of you know share in the comments below.  I am very curious.

So how does one celebrate this National Coffee Day? Is it only by drinking coffee which most of us already do on a daily basis anyway? Are there presents maybe gifting coffee to others? Songs about this delicious, aromatic, caffeinated beverage? Traditions that help us understand how this heavenly drink came to be? How long have we even had a National Coffee Day? 

Now I know not everyone likes coffee (shame on you!). What do they do on this day of celebrating? Can they drink tea or hot chocolate instead, or is this a holiday that can only be enjoyed by those that partake in the drinking of coffee? Perhaps the non coffee drinkers could go along to the coffee shop, get a cup of coffee, and then gift it to their coffee drinking friends! Share the love!!! Ah ha! Gifting!!! Maybe this is an actual holiday....

How will you all be celebrating this National holiday? I think I read somewhere that Dunkin is giving away free small coffees all day. I shall be living vicariously through all of you since I am unable to have coffee at the moment.  Enjoy every delicious, rich, aromatic (I apparently like this word today), dark, bold, creamy (if you like cream), sip! And remember to enjoy it extra for me!

Well, I shall let you all go and enjoy this most glorious of holidays.  Go drink and be caffeinated my friends! If you enjoy reading my ramblings PLEASE subscribe, follow, comment, +1, like, share, tell your friends.  Let me hear how much you enjoy it, or what you would like to see different. Until next time...Dream Big and Live BIGGER!

MelLew

Comments

  1. I often wonder that about all these little holidays; if they were all federal bank holidays the economy would collapse!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World