Unexpected Plot Twist!

Sorry for the lack of posts the past couple days.  When I went to bed Tuesday night I never dreamed that I would be spending the next day in the hospital suffering from severe dehydration, a 103+ fever, and strep throat.  Can we say PLOT TWIST!!!

Today is the first I think my brain would be able to put a rational thought together (HA like that happens even when I'm healthy ha ha). I wanted to let you all know I am still here, and thought I could share my very first hospital experience. It was definitely an adventure. (Now let me explain.  I've been to hospitals before, but never where I was the patient.  Just to clarify.  Good to go? Great!)

First off, I would like to say hospital beds are NOT comfortable.  You would think that having sick/injured people they would want to make them comfortable.  Hmm...maybe they make them uncomfortable to keep your mind on that rather than your ailment. That's rather helpful in that aspect...I suppose. Ya, I'm going with that. I had to get up at one point, and my body ached so badly. I felt like a little old lady hobbling through the hallways with my IV bag in tow.

Second, the hospital staff (at least where I was) was really nice.  The doctors and nurses did what they could to keep me informed and laughing as much as I could in the present state that I was in. The guy in charge of my IV bags was an Eagles fan, but I told him I would let it pass this time. :) Their ease and sense of humor definitely helped me as far as nerves and the like. I really had no idea what to expect, but I would say overall it was as positive an experience as it could be.

Third, I was super blessed by one of my dear friends who gave up her day off to drive me to the hospital and sit with me until I was able to come home.  I am so thankful to be surrounded by such amazing people! Not just her, but all of my friends who have been texting, e-mailing, and facebooking (spell check hates this word apparently...HA take that spell check!) me just to make sure I'm alright, or to see if I needed anything.  I know I may be biased, but I have the best friends and family a girl could ask for.

So all of this to say that this week was definitely NOT how I planned it.  I am under doctor's orders to stay home and rest till Monday.  I am still not feeling great, but I am loads better than I was two days ago. I suppose it is time to pull out all of those books I've been wanting to read.  How do all of you pass the time when you are stuck at home sick? Do you like to read, watch movies, or TV? Maybe you just like to sleep it off? Let me hear from you in the comments below!  AND if you like what you see please please please follow me, subscribe, +1, like, share, tell your friends, let me hear from you! Thanks for all your support! Can't wait to hear from you! Until next time, Dream Big and Live BIGGER!!!

MelLew

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World