Kayaking Adventure

Hello everyone! Sorry it has been awhile, but I have been collecting tons of adventures to share with you guys!

I am going to start with one of my favorites. Memorial Day weekend I got to go kayaking for the first time! I may have a new love for this pastime.


We rented kayaks from a state park near my parents to take out. The seats were a bit wonky, and didn't really support our backs, but we made due.

We had two tandem kayaks (which I had no idea what this was before so I shall share my newfound knowledge...those of you who are experienced kayakers you can laugh at me. The ranger renting the kayaks and my brother did. Ha ha...anyway, a tandem kayak, also called a twin kayak seats two people rather than just one...okay so it was self explanatory and I felt rather stupid, but hey, now I know.)

So, after we got our paddles we headed to the beach where our two tandem kayaks were waiting. Thankfully, my brother has kayaked before so he knew how to get us off the beach and into the water.
It took me a bit at first to learn the difference between kayak paddling and canoe paddling, but once I got the hang of things we didn't do too terribly.

We went around the pond stopping to see some of the wildlife. We paddled up to a snapping turtle, and got to watch a blue heron take off from the pond's edge. If you want a great way to see all kinds of wildlife and stuff off the beaten path kayaking is a great way of doing this!

At the park there are other rental options if you aren't into kayaking such as canoes, paddleboats, and row boats. All you need is a driver's license for at least one of the people in the boat and life vests (which we got at the boat house and was covered in the renter's fee). Each type of boat is a different price and you can rent hourly or all day depending on what you wish your adventure to be.

We stayed out on the pond for about an hour before we had to head in for the rest of our memorial day festivities. I had pretty epic blisters that night and the next day,  but it was totally worth it! I cannot wait to go again!





How many of you have been out kayaking? Or any kind of boating for that matter? Which water vessel do you prefer and why? I would love to hear your adventures! 

If you enjoy what you are reading let me know! Comment, like, +1, you know the drill. Also you can follow me here on google+ or instagram (MelLew84)! It would mean so much to me, and I'd love to bring you all along on my adventures with me! I love you all!

Until next time adventurers, Dream Big and Live BIGGER!











MelLew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World