Halloween Days and SpOOOOky Knights (My 10th Blog Post!!!)

This is it everyone...are you ready???

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Wait for it..



.
MY 10TH BLOG POST!!!!! <insert fireworks, trumpets, and fanfare here> WAHOO!!!!
Well now that that's finished, ON WITH THE POST!


Yesterday marked my last full day at this season's Renaissance Faire. It was a great day of splendiferous (word of the day...boo-yah!) merriment and festivities from yesteryear.  

My adventure began as I first set foot upon the Shire and found this handsome devil welcoming us all for our day of tricks and treats.

(Here is the handsome devil...)

Once inside the main gates I was greeted by yet another wicked grin...

(He's so happy! :-D)

I could not wait to see what other Ren Faire shenanigans I was going to encounter on this most splendiferous day! I was able to walk through some shops and peruse their wares.  So many things I would love to have...alas...if only I had money for it all....blast it. It was as I came out of a shop that I came upon this quaint fountain!


I love the sound of falling/running water.  There is just something so soothing about it...Aaaahhhh content and peaceful.  After enjoying my time there I eventually found myself nearing the Jousting Arena.  Of course, it was here that I yet again found myself face to face with a ghoulish figure

(Looks like someone had a rough day...)

He wasn't very good at jousting...obviously, but then again he is still on his horse at least..or what I think used to be his horse...not quite sure... After I passed this very unique display, I had finally come upon the Jousting Field.


Ah, yes...jousting.  I truly wish this was still a real competitive sport. I also love the look of fall finally arriving upon the Shire.  The trees have mostly lost their leaves and everyone is snuggled into hoodies and cloaks. PERFECTION!


And lets not forget the crunching of the leaves underfoot. <crunch, crunch, crunch> I pulled my attention back to the field, and watched on as the knights were at last ready and prepared to joust.

(Sir William!)

Once the joust had concluded, I roamed around some more, stopping to chat with some of my new friends.  So many things to capture my imagination. I rounded a corner and heard a band playing some Celtic music, so of course I stopped to have a listen. 

(Rising Regina)

They were pretty good! A lot of energy, and you could clearly see they enjoyed performing for the crowd.  Gandalf especially loved this group. :-D I stayed for the entirety of the set, and even got their CD.  Afterwards, I got to chat with one of the band members for a short while. Really cool gal. 

Then I again found myself wandering about the Shire.  It seems there is always mischief for me to get into, and of course I found it again

(Run Away!)

Creepy...

AND...Time to move on...quickly...away from creepiness...only to come upon this little display on the side on one of the shops...

(Talk about a headache...)

Oops..well, that's gotta put a damper on her day...ah well...you win some you lose some. After a moment of silence for the fallen, I ended up back at the main gate where I saw my old friend, "Scratchy"

(Scratchy loves Halloween!)

"Scratchy" used to stand over the jousting field, but now he beckons the little nipperkins to come and paint pumpkins in his pumpkin patch...sure, he looks a bit scary, but he's really a sweetheart...I mean just look how happy he is...he also loves being center of attention, but that's a different story for another time.

I met up with some friends of mine and we headed off to the Anchor and Mermaid Tavern where we partook in some delectable entrees.  I'm talking melt in your mouth pot roast with veggies and mashed taters, Precious....<clears throat> sorry about that...hmmm got some drool on my keyboard...gross...moving on!

Once our bellies were filled to the brim, we headed out in search for more adventure (which is never hard to find when one is upon the Shire).  We were not disappointed.

(Yes she is lighting fires on her hubby's head)

(9 foot tall unicycle...um...woah)

(Trapeze routine was epic)

(again, wow...kids don't try this at home)

(Riding a unicycle with a child on your shoulders simple...ya...about that...)

So Circus Stella...really fun show! This husband/wife team are good at what they do.  The show is named after one of their many rescue dogs. I love people who are passionate about who they are and what they love...you want to meet and find passionate people...go to a Ren Faire.

After the Circus we were pumped and ready to find another adventure. This is when we came upon the Rakish Rogues
(The Rakish Rogues)

After listening to them sing songs that were hilarious, but so wrong, we decided it was time to do some shopping.  I stopped to talk to some of my other friends. I am so sad that after next week I won't see them again till next year...too long!

We found some supper and brought it along with us to the final joust.  Here I was surprised to find that a man had attempted to assassinate the queen!!! (this is all part of the show folks...no need to be alarmed) He was marched up to the guillotine and...

(Off with his head!)

Let's just say he lost his head...

The joust brought forth the headless horseman who was brought in by the evil forces to vanquish Sir William and all that is good and Holy. The Irish (WAHOO!!!) saved the day by bringing forth a sword of fire (so cool!) and with it Sir William won the day!!!

And there was much rejoicing...yay...

We then hurried to the Globe Theatre to partake in the Finale in Song. I love watching the actress who plays Queen Elizabeth I.  She just has so much fun doing what she does. We laughed till our sides ached, sang, cheered, hooted, hollered, and applauded till darkness had engulfed the Shire.


And thus ended another grande adventure upon the beautiful Shire.  I am sad that the season is coming to an end, but I have loved getting to know the people here, and I know I have made some awesome friends that will last for years to come.

That concludes my adventure at the Ren Faire's Halloween Days and SpOOOOky Knights AND <insert more fireworks, trumpets, and fanfare here> my 10th (WAHOO!) blog post!  I hope you have enjoyed living vicariously through me and my adventures as much I have enjoyed living them. 

Let me hear from you! I want to hear all about your own adventures (Halloween or otherwise)! Comment below and tell me all about all about them! Thank you for all the feedback, and I love each and everyone of you. Thanks for your support, and I hope that this can help bring a little cheer into your days. 

If you are loving what you are seeing on my blog, you all know the drill...comment, add, subscribe, follow, like, +1, share, tell your friends.  

Until next time, Dream Big and Live BIGGER!!!!

MelLew




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World