I'm Bad And That's Good

So whilst I watching some shows and movies on TV, I have realized a reoccurring theme. There is usually an epic villain whom you love to hate, and yet there is always that small part of them that makes you cling to hope that they aren't all bad.  You crave for that evil character to embrace that one spark of good inside them to hopefully pull them away from the path of destruction and pain that they are walking down.

The writers have you sympathizing with and learning to love this villain. You find yourself routing for them to have a genuine change of heart while still keeping that air of badness...(come on ladies you know we all love the good guy with the capabilities of still being villainous (ah ha! there's the word of the day), come on, admit it. You know you love them).  Then at long last after going through so many ups and downs with this villain they finally make that choice to be good.  They redeem themselves by going above and beyond the call of duty, not for themselves, but for the people closest to them showing that they really do care underneath that hard seemingly unfeeling exterior.

And what thanks do they get? They get killed! What?! Why does this seem to always be the case? (I'm not saying it ALWAYS is...just seems more often times than not it is) You start out hating them, then after a while you feel bad because you see a glimpse of good in them, next you find yourself cheering them on and getting frustrated for them when the 'heroes' are cutting them down, when at long last they prove that they are strong enough to embrace that good, and then they are dead.

I don't know about all of you, but if I were a villain, that would not be incentive for me wanting to be good. If the hero was trying to get me to turn good I'd be like "You do know what happens when villains finally redeem themselves right?" I mean would it be so bad for just once the villain to redeem himself and actually get their own happy ending?

Lets hear some love for your favorite villains? It could be literary, television, film, play, who do you LOVE to hate? Because, lets confess, it doesn't make much of a story if there aren't a few dragons to fight along the way.  So lets give our love to the villains that make our beloved stories worth loving.  Who is your favorite? Let me hear from you in the comments below!

If you are enjoying what you read, Let me know! You know the drill-comment, +1, like, follow, subscribe, share, tell a friend.  I have really enjoyed rambling on here for all of you to read.  I would love to know if you are enjoying it, if it's made you laugh, or if there are things you would like to see done differently.  Can't wait to hear from you all! Until next time, Dream Big and Live BIGGER!!!

MelLew

Comments

  1. Great post; I've often wondered why the bad guy turned good can't have a happy ending too! Expect for MegaMind, they either stay bad and die... or be good and die , so sad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World