We The People

I am going to take a moment today to step away from the lighthearted fun post to just take a moment and reflect.

I am sure most, if not all, of you are aware of what is happening within the American government.  I am not one to normally post things about politics, and I don't claim to know everything (I know I don't), but I have seen and read enough to know that I think it's time to cry out for help for America.

Our country is in desperate need of remembering where we came from. This shutdown is hurting so many people that have fought and died (and are currently fighting and dying) for our country.

Today I read an article that the government is now denying death benefits to families of our fallen soldiers for the duration of the shutdown.  Seriously?!?! These are the men who are fighting and DYING for us to remain a free nation.  They should be getting the best treatment we have to offer, yet while congress is continuing to receive their paychecks during the shutdown, they are denying those who are sacrificing everything the money they need until they reopen our government. How is this okay?!

Are they willing to donate a part of their paycheck to help fund those fighting for us and their families? No. It breaks my heart to see how corrupt a place our congress, AS A WHOLE, has become.

Not only is all of that happening, but they have also shut down all of the National Parks throughout the country.  Again, how is this okay?!  These parks were built and created for the sole point that EVERYONE, no matter who or what, could come and enjoy them.  Now the government is acting like it is their's to close.

The parks which would normally be taking in large revenue due to the fall season are now struggling to survive.  Educational programs are not going to be funded, and people are being kept out of places that are supposed to be for them.

People from our founding fathers all the way to those soldiers that are currently overseas fighting have sacrificed and given up so much, and it just isn't fair that they are the ones suffering. We need to seriously lift our country up in prayer.

What happened to when we had a government that made us proud to say we are American?  While I believe that the shutdown was inevitable, and needed to happen, because SOMETHING has to change, I also know that I wish it didn't have to come to this point in the first place.

I am heartbroken that so many are suffering, and I am heartbroken that it took this for them to wake up and realize that things are not okay.  We are no longer a nation proud of what we were founded on and who we are becoming.

We the People need to remember the constitution that has held our country together for so long and made us who we are. We need to take a stand and remind congress that they represent "We the People" not themselves, and "We the People" are sick and tired of how things are.

Lets stand up for what is rightfully ours, and start lifting those that are in places to do something about it up in prayer.  Lets once again remember what it is to be and become a nation that is proud to be American!

MelLew

Comments

  1. AMEN! I really don't have much to add; you said it all. We have to work together in this great nation regardless of political parties.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World