To Ride A Camel

The other day at work I was given the rare opportunity to ride a camel. If I have ever ridden a camel I was too little to really remember it, so for me this was pretty exciting! I can scratch another thing off my bucket list.

Now, I get to work alongside these amazing creatures as well as many other animals everyday and have done so for the past eight years (Say what?! Has it really been that long already?!), and in those eight years I have never been able to actually ride a camel, a horse yes, but not a camel. I knew I could not let this opportunity pass me by.

I was a bit nervous at first. For those who don't know I have a horrible fear of heights, and camels are not a short animal by any means. I was not about to let my fear win the day so I grabbed one of my best friends, and off we went to ride the camel.

After waiting in a bit of a line, we finally climbed the stairs so we could easily get into the saddle. I had decided to ride up front. I wasn't sure which was best so I hoped it was a good choice. First thing that went through my head was "I'm on a camel this is awesome!" It didn't seem so high up from my perch in the saddle.

When the camel lurched forward I was shocked at how wobbly (I'm not really sure how else to describe it) the ride was. I held onto the saddle for the first few moments fearing I was going to be pitched over the front of the camel. Of course, there was no way I was going anywhere with the camel slowly walking, and I soon found myself enjoying my ride.

I ended up riding three differeny times. (I may have really enjoyed it...don't judge lol) I tried riding both in the front seat and in the back seat. Both ways had aspects I loved and questioned. The front made you feel you could fly forward which is fun in its own way, and the back sways you back and forth a lot more. In the end I think my favorite was the back seat. I hope I get a chance to do it again someday!

Has anyone else rode a camel before? What were your thoughts? Would you do it again or no?

Until next time, Dream Big and Live BIGGER!

MelLew

Comments

  1. That's so cool! Of all the animals, they were the most fascinating to me. Their feet are so incredible (which sounds weird, but the way they move is just amazing to me). I am also a tiny bit jealous that you're riding with Terry! Give her hugs for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly will! Also I completely agree with you about camel's feet!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Adventure!

I Am Thankful.

A Covid-19 World